$18 - $30
Job responsibilities include:
• Generates CMM programs that measure dimensions of a part and evaluates tolerances of specifications to verify compliance.
• Develops programs, with engineering assistance, to qualify fixtures and/or tooling.
• Revises CMM programs per print changes or to analyze, review and rewrite programs to increase operating efficiency
• Instruct technicians to use new or revised CMM programs
• Review with engineering part processing, fixture clamping and customer drawing to establish planes and datums.
• May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test and modify CMM programs.
• Maintain tip calibration files per CMM and backup files/programs on a regular schedule.
• Instructs technicians in new or best measurement systems and techniques.
• Assists print interpretation to inspectors and machinists.
• Assist in the duties of a QA Technician as needed.
1. Technical degree in QA (or related field) or 2 plus years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance.
2. Ability to clearly communicate with employees, peers, management and with customers.
3. Good mechanical aptitude, shop mathematics and understands machining processes.
4. Outgoing personality and ability to motivate people.
5. Ability to calibrate and adjust basic gauging equipment.
6. Advanced print reading, specification interpretation and advanced CMM principles.
7. Knowledge of CMM software commands and ability to execute computerized programs.