CNC Tech B
BROADDESCRIPTION OF POSITION
As a CNC Tech B, you will be responsible for but not limited to; Setup, operate equipment and perform essential duties to ensure that parts are machined to specifications detailed within customer and internal company blue prints and other process related documentation.
1. Perform set-ups; modify program offsets, tool offsets and subroutine statements to adjust for dimensional discrepancies between the trimmed part and customer and internal specifications.
2. Inspect and adjust parts to submit to your supervisor for first piece approval.
3. Operate designated multi axes CNC equipment to complete job assignments as requested.
4. Maintain and update records on all CNC related operations as they relate to daily production, quality and maintenance requirements.
5. Perform quality checks to parts being processed using a variety of precision measuring instruments. Develop and sustain critical awareness of what to watch for while a job is in process such as alignments, fits, cut quality, cosmetics, print flaws, hydrolysis, etc.
6. Maintain ll equipment and fixtures in useable condition including lubrication and performing minor repairs. Report necessary fixture and equipment repairs to manager.
7. Maintain a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
8. Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
· Ability to read & understand blueprints.
· Basic computer knowledge, Office, word and excel.
· A firm understanding about formatting and editing CNC programs.
· Experience using various types of inspection gages.
· 2+years of previous manufacturing and machine operating experience.
· Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must have follow through and commitment to quality, workmanship and safety on the ob by performing all tasks in a neat and professional manner.
· A genuine belief in continuous improvement.
· Must be able to follow and give direction to others in a positive manor, work with minimal supervision and have good problem solving, decision making and recordkeeping skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Self-starter with organizational and time management skills.
· Understand and able to apply GD&T preferred.