Director of Quality ajc
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Support, demonstrate and promote company core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Courage & Curiosity
• Enforce plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements and procedures while performing work activities.
• Continuously seek improvements to all company regulatory and safety programs, and manage work as assigned.
• Hire, lead, and develop the Quality Assurance and Sanitation teams to achieve organizational goals.
• Implement food safety, quality, sanitation and personal safety standards to meet audit and regulatory compliance.
• Investigate, respond to, and drive resolution of customer complaints and concerns, including tracking and reporting.
• Serve as the primary contact for regulatory, customer, and SQF audits.
• Manage the Master Sanitation Schedule and Pest Control programs.
• Track and report against standards, driving continuous improvement in product and process.
• Assure label compliance of all products.
• Support product troubleshooting and optimization through data analytics.
• Provide guidance to new product development regarding food safety and label content and regulatory requirements.
• Provide technical support and expertise to in the areas of Production, Quality, Food Safety, Complaint resolution and other functions.
• Utilize external resources, including suppliers, to support continuous improvement of products and processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in commercial baking with a proven track record of achievement.
• Strong knowledge, understanding, and application of food safety, HACCP systems, USDA/FDA regulatory requirements; sanitary design of equipment/facility.
• Advanced time management skills and ability to multi-task with different priority and task levels.
• Strong technical skills (Office Suite, Baking Equipment, etc)
• Adaptable communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels, including externally.
• This job operates in both a professional office environment as well as the manufacturing plant with varying temperatures. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing in environments with varied temperatures. This position requires frequent pulling, carrying, and lifting up to 50 lbs.