Distribution Worker gea
• Minimum 40 hrs/week but OT available, with more possible on 2nd
• Will be picking/packaging and loading orders from warehouse in temp down to 34 degrees
• Shoud have forklift, electric pallet jack, cherry picker (preferred) exp.
• Not afraid to train if they have only 1 of these.
• They will receive a stack of orders and need to pick orders, in order, from bin locations in warehouse. Some product is stacked up 20ft. high on shelving.
• Safe operation of forklifts/pallet jacks/pull sticks to fill pick sheet orders by transferring cases of product from one pallet to another.
• Load and unload material/product onto material moving vehicles and move product throughout warehouse as necessary.
• Review pick/loading sheets provided, estimate the amount of room needed on a pallet or truck. Use this estimate when picking loading, to make a consistent, safe load which guarantees the integrity of our product.
• Orders may consist of cases or pallets of distributed products, pallets of egg baskets, non-palletized egg baskets, and varying sizes of egg racks. Load these orders in the appropriate sequence on the trailer, being sure to follow “special instructions” on loading sheets, such as considering when a driver wishes to have all product on pallets, or when a stop is a ramp stop, and the driver wishes to have all of the product on the floor.
• Use appropriate safety and quality precautions, such as verifying quality of stacking of product, quality of stretch wrap job, and use of load locks as necessary.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must pass a forklift driving test and safely operate a variety forklifts and pallet jacks.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Safe operation of powered industrial trucks (forklifts, pallet jack, etc.)
• Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment; such as hard hats and steel toed safety shoes, as necessary.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Maintain good working relationship with all warehouse personnel, drivers, and office staff.
• Inform Warehouse Manager/Supervisor/Lead of any safety concerns, equipment issues, injuries or any other pertinent issues as soon as they arise.
• Monitor product and inventory rotation, using the oldest product first. Notify the Warehouse Manager/Supervisor/Lead if product becomes too close-dated to ship to customers.
• Must be willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested by Warehouse Manager.
• Working well in a team setting, working efficiently, being customer service oriented and being safety conscious are essential requirements.
• Ability to establish priorities, works independently, and proceeds with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Perform other work related duties as assigned.