DRC Machine Operator - Night Shift snn
This position is primarily responsible for executing the job functions as it relates to the operation of the DRC line in a safe and efficient manner during a working shift. Assists in controlling and managing the DRC process in order to produce a quality product consistent with product specifications and workmanship standards.
Assignments are rotated on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Demonstrate personal safety and help maintain a safe work environment for themselves and fellow members of the production team.
Responsible for following all company safety rules and guidelines.
• Understand and fully comply with the concept of “move to the work.” This means ensuring all tasks required to operate the line are efficiently executed by moving to relieve bottle necks, helping your teammates, and looking for ways to improve a process.
• Cross-trained to handle the duties of any of the DRC positions at the Reel area of the DRC Line.
• Able and expected to step-in when needed to perform any of the production responsibilities.
• Control and document the process using the appropriate forms and tools as required for the specific positions.
• Able to test all products using accepted quality procedures and equipment in a consistent and reliable way.
• Operates reels and reel turn-up process.
• Cuts cores as requested by Reel Tech 3.
• Other duties as assigned
• Good mechanical aptitude.
• Prior lift truck experience preferred.
Language and Teamwork Required
• Good communication (written and verbal) skills dealing with issues in a positive, complete manner.
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Demonstrated capability to function within a cross functional team.
• Flexibility in work assignments.
Education and Experience Required:
• Prior experience working in a continuous machine operation is preferred.
• Prior experience working in the printing, paper production or paper converting industries is preferred.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment doing machine operation.
• High school diploma or equivalent is strongly preferred
• Must be able to climb ladders.
• Must be able to lift and carry of up to 60 pounds. • Must have sufficient hand strength to carry-out job responsibilities.
• Must have an overhead reach of at least 84” while standing flat-footed.