General Fabrication - 2nd Shift
General Summary: Responsible for the fabrication of sheet metal products to customer specifications assuring that company's products and services meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Operate equipment and portable hand/power tools in a safe manner every day
• Foster a positive environment, always treating co-workers with dignity and respect
• Review and understand job paperwork before running production
• Perform General Fabrication duties to achieve a balanced workflow in support of subsequent manufacturing processes; Separating laser cut parts from their parent sheet, removing tabs, deburring, oxide removal, chamfer, drill, ream, tap, vibratory deburring, deburr and edge rounding, resistance welding and metal finishing.
• Read blueprints; read and use a digital caliper and other inspection equipment/gages
• Validate parts meet customer specifications, 1st piece and in-process verification
• Keep job paperwork and parts organized and properly stacked for subsequent operations
• Safely meet quality and productivity expectations for products run
• Demonstrate reliability through outstanding punctuality and attendance
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to read blueprints; ability to use job-related inspection equipment/gages
• Ability to use electric, hand and pneumatic tools as well as secondary manufacturing equipment
• Good organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift 40lbs.; ability to stand continuously for scheduled work shift
• Work independently or in a team in a self-directed work environment
• Previous metal fabrication experience preferred but will train a candidate who possess good mechanical aptitude, is reliable, has a desire to learn metal fabrication and is committed to outstanding quality and safety performance.
Shift Information: M-Th 3:55pm to 2:25am
Description of physical working environment:
• Clean, well lit, air-conditioned metal fabrication shop utilizing the latest industry equipment