The General Production Operator performs tasks involved in general assembly of printed circuit boards. This involves hand insertion of electronic components, trimming wires, clipping leads, programming and testing boards, box build assembly and printed circuit board cleaning. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Adhere to the company’s ISO Quality Management System.
2. Follow internal assembly process documentation ensuring product meets internal, customer, and regulatory requirements.
3. Depanelize printed circuit boards.
4. Hand insertion of thru-hole to class 2 IPC standards.
5. Trimming, clipping, tinning of wires and leads.
6. Prep raw components for secondary operations.
7. Hand washing of finished printed circuit board assemblies.
8. Properly label or mark circuit boards.
9. Package and box assemblies as required for shipping.
10. Glue, epoxy and mask circuit boards.
11. Program and functionally test circuit boards.
12. Ensure work area is kept clean and free of debris.
13. Adhere to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
14. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
2. Knowledge of electronic components and equipment.