• Work alongside an engineer(s) to interpret design specifications and user requirements.
• Assist with reviewing control system architecture, flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), control sequences, and design specifications.
• Develop and/or review wiring schematics and control panel layout drawings.
• Obtain, review, and report on equipment quotations, contractor bids, proposals, and technical submittals.
• Assist with specifying instrumentation including various flow, level, pressure, and temperature measurement devices.
• Work with suppliers and internal Purchasing to procure instrumentation and controls equipment for projects.
• Program and integrate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) including offerings from Allen Bradley, Siemens, GE, Wago, etc.
• Create work orders and coordinate control panel manufacturing with our Manufacturing facility.
• Assist with designing, setting up, and performing system functionality tests on equipment in our manufacturing facility and at customer sites.
• Assist with developing wire pull schedules and scope of work documents for contractors to use in bidding and construction.
• Periodic visits to the jobsite, including overnight stays to oversee field contractor activities.
• Maintain quality subcontractor and vendor relationships.
• Generate field sketches and diagrams to communicate systems installation requirement to construction personnel.
• Assist with scheduling and managing vendors and sub-contractors during installation and construction phases of test facility projects.
• Assist with delegating work, identifying specific tasks, and balancing work for contractors in order to meet client demands and individual project deadlines.
• Work with contractors to assist in the installation of equipment at customer’s site.
• Assist with performing onsite startup and validation of equipment, including multiple stays for up to two weeks at a time.
• Assist with I/O checkout and troubleshooting and instrument calibration
• Assist with tuning PID loops.
• Validate programming to confirm systems operate per control sequences.
• Work to meet client deadlines including balancing multiple priorities and responding to changes in deadline, scope, and design as they occur.
• Develop Operation Manual for the control system and assist with creating project-wide Operation and Maintenance Manual.
• Schedule and perform training with appropriate customer personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
• Involvement and/or internship experience with PLC programming.
• Knowledge of control signals, including basic signal circuit design.
• Experience in using CAD software, AutoCAD Electrical software preferred, but not required.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, including root cause failure analysis and correction.
• Ability to analyze risks and hazards.
• Ability to perform detailed design work.
• Expected to meet client deadlines, including balancing multiple tasks and responding to changes in deadline, scope and design as they occur.
• Demonstrates good technical writing and oral communication skills.
• Some travel for work.
Comprehensive health care benefits, a 401(k) employer match program, a bonus incentive program, paid time off and summer hours.