LINE WORKER - 3 NEEDED
Job Summary :
Transfers product from feed belt to in-feed conveyor, packages product into shipping case, weighs packed case to assure net weight is within limits. Also responsible for reporting food safety or quality problems to management and assists in implementing corrective action measures.
1. Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
1. Follow company policies and procedures.
2. Inspect product for defects, foreign objects, etc.
3. Keep work area clean.
4. Serve as back-up where needed.
5. Operate proper equipment (hoist, 2-way cutters, etc.).
6. Feeder-transfers cheese from feed belt to in-feed conveyor.
7. Packer-places packaged product into shipping case.
8. Scaler-weighs packed case to assure Net Weight is within limits.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.