Logistics Coordinator -Direct Hire
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of logistics. This includes scheduling all deliveries, managing and maintaining our fleet to meet DOT regulations, as well as managing all aspects of the receiving process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the major functions of this position and are not intended to be a detailed description of all the work/functions that may be required. Other duties may be assigned. Individual will work a varied schedule based on client needs.
• Schedule drivers accurately and consistently to maintain the plant shipment schedule
• Work directly with customers to coordinate and monitor delivery operations at job sites, including but not limited to, entry to job sites, crane placement, job site safety
• Maintain Consortium for all eligible Drivers to track federal motor carrier licensing requirements
• Effectively utilize Geotab and other systems to optimize delivery routes and audit Driver’s compliance with ELD’s
• Support the recruitment process for new logistics team members including the pre-hire and onboarding processes
• Support the implementation of additional software to track, check, and prioritize routes
• Accurately manage all incoming and outgoing shipments, including processing all paperwork timely
• Communicate effectively and efficiently direct receiving team members to optimize the flow of picked material from preparation to shipment
• Engage in team development activities with all assigned team to support training, career growth, engagement, and process improvement
• Maintain consistent communication with plant leadership regarding status of fleet, required inspections, expected maintenance
• Notify customers of any delay in shipments, and work effectively with leadership and team to mitigate any customer impact
• Maintain levels high of professionalism and customer service to our customers at all time
• Maintain DOT compliance, legal compliance, and company policies at all times
• Ensures accurate and timely completion of daily and weekly tasks
• Leader of safety amongst the team and organization actively promoting the importance of safety at all times
• High level of management on inventory maintained throughout the yard
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• 2-3 years related experience in logistics and/or transportation preferred
• 2-3 years related experience in customer service preferred
• Comprehension of DOT regulations required
• 1 year Microsoft Office preferred
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, vendors, customers and groups of managers.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and garnishments.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where some standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.