LT. EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Light Equipment Operator assists in the recycling process by operating a variety of equipment including forklift, grapple cranes, stationary shear, stationary baler, etc.
· Inspects equipment, make sure everything is safe and in working condition
· Loads, Unloads and sorts material
· Inspects materials to quality standards
· Knows quality standards, materials grades, what materials can/cannot be loaded
· Utilizes all yard operating equipment including: shag truck, forklifts, skid steer, wheel loader, stationary baler, stationary shear, alligator shear as necessary
· Performs basic maintenance on the machinery
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Must wear all necessary PPE while working or while in the yard. Follows company safety standards at all times. Failure to follow safety standards may result in loss of position.
Highschool diploma or GED required. Prior experience operating equipment including forklifts, wheel loaders, bobcats, stationary balers or shears required.
The right candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 30-50 lbs. and 100+lbs on2-person lift.
Candidate must be able to effectively interact with customers and vendors. Individual must be willing to learn, be adaptable and be a self-motivated