ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Read blueprints or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, dept of cut, etc.
2. Determine sequence of operations. Identify conformity of material requirements.
3. Use a variety of precision measuring devices to set up and adjust work and verify conformance of work to specifications.
4. Grind and adapt tooling and attachments for special work requirements.
5. Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
6. Perform routine maintenance on machines and tooling.
7. Able to hold tolerances as close as .0005”.
8. Check work to insure conformance to specifications and adjust machine or tooling for variations in materials, etc.
9. Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
10. Comply with all safety regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Job Title: Machinist A FLSA Status: Hourly
Department: Manufacturing Reports To: Fabrication Supervisor
Prepared By: Arlene Bussard Prepared Date: 1-1-11
Approved By: Thomas Schroeder Approved Date: 1-1-11
Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma. Certified fork lift license. Minimum of three years previous experience.