Maintenance Mechanic gea
Essential Job Functions
• Installation and repair of control panels and associated components, motor control circuits, building and lighting circuits.
• Diagnose electrical systems, circuit breakers and low voltage power distribution systems, AC/DC motors, PLC and VFD drive systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical systems of the production and physical plant equipment.
• Read electrical/mechanical and schematic drawings to maintain equipment in a safe working manner in accordance with appropriate codes and ordinances.
• Repair and maintain mechanical equipment, air compressors, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, gear boxes, and air handler units.
• Operate shop machinery, drill press, laths, milling machine and hand tools.
• Perform layout, fabrication and modification of metals and piping systems by means of brazing, solder, arc, mig, tig welding, to include cutting by plasma and acetylene torch.
• Assist in maintaining an inventory of necessary spare parts and materials.
• Reports daily work activities, procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions to Maintenance Manager.
• Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment.
• Assist in training of lower class maintenance personnel and staff.
• Responds to emergency service requests as directed by Maintenance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Advanced knowledge of electrical wiring, circuits, and switches
• Advanced knowledge of welding equipment and oxy-acetylene torch
• Physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment, including diagnostic tools.
• Ability to be forklift certified
• Must meet minimum security requirements of Data Control/Asset Departments.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable by our current and any future insurance carriers.
• Ability to speak, read, write English
• Experience with Microsoft Office products
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations, manage time, and multitask
• Ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form