JOB DESCRIPTION –
Responsible for injection molding setup and maintenance, manufacturing equipment maintenance and repair, Maintenance of buildings and grounds, as well as fabrication of production aids to ensure timely and efficient production operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Perform set-up and cleaning operations for injection molders and related production equipment. Repair as needed. Advise supervisor of any major issues.
2. Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of all manufacturing and related production equipment. Repair as needed. Advise supervisor of major issues.
3. Perform all building, grounds and structural maintenance activities as required.
4. Perform welding, plumbing, hydraulics, and electrical activities as required.
5. Assist in the development of production aids. Offer ideas and suggestions for improving production operations.
6. Maintain a neat, orderly and clean department and work environment.
7. Assist with the training of new personnel.
8. Requisition of supplies/equipment from the most cost-effective source.
9. Be familiar with and follow safety rules and procedures including PPE, emergency procedures and lockout/tagout procedures.
10. Perform overtime and other duties as assigned, i.e. work orders, predictive maintenance, rebuild parts, etc.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS EDUCATION
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
One to two years of previous maintenance and packaging equipment experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Mechanical and schematic reading ability. Electrical, plumbing, welding and machine repair experience are preferred. Good verbal communication skills are required. Frequent contacts and discussions are required with all levels of management and employees. Must be able to work under pressure and complete work according to deadlines with minimum supervision. Flexibility, diplomacy and initiative are necessary. Basic math skills are required and basic computer skills are preferred. Ability to read detailed instructions and keep legible and accurate records is required along with good organizational skills. Teamwork is necessary.
Hand and power tools, welding equipment, forklift, electrical test devices, computer and crane.
Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently/100 pounds occasionally is required. Ability to move around in a manufacturing environment.