Mechanical Design Engineer ajc
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Detailed mechanical CAD work based on internal and external input.
• ERP system data input / management to ensure design data reflects accurate information.
• Interface with customers, suppliers and internal personnel.
• Presentations to customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
• Understand and apply specifications and regulatory information to the design and relevant processes.
• Travel to customer sites to assist with design, test and startup production.
• Work within established, as well as variable, timelines.
• Effectively utilize Microsoft Office tools.
• Conduct DFMEA internally and/or with customer participation.
• Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents as they relate to Engineering
• Transfer new products to manufacturing. Assist associates to perform initial build, document issues, and troubleshoot opportunities for improvement.
• Self-motivate to improve knowledge, skills, and experience in clinical applications and Engineering.
• Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with proven competency in SolidWorks CAD software or equivalent experience-M
Experience and/or Training
• Creo and Soildworks experience
• Sheet metal design
• Knowledge of IEC 60601-1 standard.
• Experience in medical device design(+5 years)
• Strong computer, math and oral/written communication skills and attention to detail required
• Ability to create / read drawings.
• Understand and determine tolerance stack up information.
• Knowledge of tooled processes such as cast, injection mold, pressure form etc.
• Ability to run a technical presentation and speak professionally.
• Proficient using hand tools and working with fabrication personnel.
• Knowledge of different weld processes and when to apply them.