• Perform detailed engineering functions including engineering calculations, develop flow diagrams and P&ID’s, use ProE to develop 3D models, select and purchase devices, and work with ACS Manufacturing to design for manufacturability.
• Work alongside an engineer(s) to design a single system or multiple systems in support of projects.
• Define design criteria and develop feasible design concepts based on client’s needs and requirements.
• Develop cost estimates for equipment concepts and work with the project manager and other team members to develop proposals.
• Create and execute equipment project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Participate in design reviews both internal with MDG peers and management and external with clients.
• Assist with technical aspects of equipment build at our Manufacturing facility through work order creation and management and regular communication with the manufacturing facility personnel.
• Oversee and assist with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) processes and documentation for main types of systems and equipment at our Manufacturing Facility as required to ensure equipment is functioning to client’s specifications before shipment.
• Travel to client location to oversee installation and commissioning of equipment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree.
• 1-3 years of work experience and familiarity with engine testing and/or industrial automation is a plus.
• Excellent engineering skills including FEA, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer, and Statics.
• Experienced in using ProE (and/or other 3D modeling software) as a design tool, taking designs from concept to manufacturing drawings.
• Strong problem solving, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong self-drive and sense of urgency is a must
• Ability to work well in project team environment, including: team player, takes initiative to improve personal and interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with all internal and external levels and groups.
• Ability to travel to customer facilities for client meetings, equipment installation, and commissioning.