$90K - $133K
This position will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. This role will drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. The position will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
1. Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
2. Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
3. Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
4. Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
5. Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
6. Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
7. Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
8. Assist in planning major projects and capital investments. Coordinate and implement approved projects on a timely basis within approved budget limits.
9. Supervise and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures, such as training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction and work simplification.
10. Liaison between Management and Supervisor level on matters of communication, decisions, policies and procedures. Perform employee evaluations and appraisals.
11. Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
12. Commit to plant safety procedures
13. Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
14. Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
15. Influence and learn from production team
16. Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
1. BS degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent education and work experience
2. Proven work and managerial experience as a Plant Manager
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and ERP software.
4. Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
5. Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
6. Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
3. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
4. Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
5. Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills