• Polish and grind parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools as needed.
• Load and adjust work pieces onto equipment or work tables, using hand tools when needed.
• Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure polishing standards are met.
• Select abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes or work pieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
• Verify quality of finished work pieces by inspecting them, comparing them to templates, measuring their dimensions, or testing tem.
• Mark defects for possible rework.
• Set up, operate or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen and or break edges or corners, buff, hone or polish stainless steel work pieces.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to read and understand all job tags.
• Must be able to frequently lift 40-45 pounds and occasionally lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to grip and apply pressure to tool or part.
• Attention to detail to ensure a high level of visual quality parts.
• Requires frequent and repetitive arm and hand motions.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience polishing and grinding
• Experience using a variety of hand tools
• Experience in a manufacturing environment