- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concerns in situations where only limited standardization exists. May need help with interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Use and maintain required PPE.
- Follow the SOP and safety procedures as established for each department.
- Read, comprehend and follow operator's guide and work instructions.
- Keep pace/timing with the time studies and machine PLC’s.
- Maintain and operate transfer presses.
- Perform grinding and pull tab removal of parts as they are removed from the press according to customer standards.
- Perform visual, in-process and final inspection of part and report defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Place parts into appropriate barrels according to labeling system.
- Communicate status of jobs to previous and following shifts and share information with Mold Techs about problems or process variations.
- Keep and maintain accurate records within material tracking software.
- Ensure our quality standards are satisfied.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Assist material handling from mill to molding department.
- Assist within the Finishing Department.
- Assigned tasks and duties as required.
- Demonstrate and practice the CREED values consistently.
- Ability to operate injection molding presses within the department and an understanding on how to resolve common issues associated with molding product. Prefer to have past experience with rubber molding.
- While performing the duties of this job, this employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Rutil/Desma Press Operator:
• Tends to be the least physical presses that we operate in our facility
• Temp to hire wage is $15.00 plus $.45 shift premium
• After direct hire wage increases to $16.00/hour plus shift premium of $.45
• Temp to hire wage is $16.00 plus $.45 shift premium
• After direct hire wage increases to $17.75/hour plus shift premium of $.45