1. Use Technique to read and understand the job ticket, conduct data recording and layout sheet for setup and printing instructions.
2. Understand and utilize the Omnicom format on the Sunday presses.
3. Prepare the press for the current job with the necessary supplies for that job, i.e., the paper, ink, UV, and corresponding blanket.
4. Achieve and maintain proper web alignment and tension.
5. Monitor running tension and keep the press crew alerted to all upcoming splicesincluding mill splices.
6. Hang and remove press plates in units.
7. Have the proper cartoning and related materials ready for the job.
10. Setup, operate and maintain stacker.
11. Setup, operate and maintain sheeter.
12. Set color.
13. Read and interpret a ruler.
14. Help web the press and assist in folder or sheeter setup.
15. Fill out quality checklist for folder and sheeter.
16. Setup UV coater (and clean when finished).
17. Check and monitor product being delivered into stacker or sheeter, i.e., square fold, rubbing or marking, stacking product properly, gusset, position of UV varnish, perfs/scores.
18. Remove waste bin at end of form.
19. Cross-train on other presses.
20. Get prepared for the next job before the current job ends.
21. Ensure compliance with Royle and OSHA safety and health rules. Understand and practices safe equipment operations.
22. Conduct preventative and general maintenance of the machine.
23. Assist in clean up, wash ups and maintaining of an orderly and neat work environment.
24. Discuss project specifications with the next shift at shift change.
25. Communicates status, progress, and schedules to all internal customers.
26. Other duties and responsibilities as required.
NON ESSENTAIL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (the items that are not essential and those that if not performed would not significantly and functionally alter the primary purpose of the job)
1. Assists in clean up and maintaining of an orderly and neat work environment.
2. Learn nd perform second press operator responsibilities as required.
3. Discuss project specifications with the next shift at shift change.
4. Assist in other departments as requested.
5. Other duties and responsibilities as required.