• Assisting in the setup, operation and maintenance of heat set web presses.
• Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Change press plates, blankets, or cylinders, as required.
• Clean or oil presses or make minor repairs, using hand tools.
• Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
• Feed paper through press cylinders and adjust feed and tension controls.
• Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
• Monitor automated press operation systems and respond to fault, error, or alert messages.
• Secure printing plates to printing units and adjust tolerances.
OTHER EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
These positions require the ability to perform basic math and to have good written and verbal communication skills, as well as, previous machine operation experience either in a professional or educational setting.
Previous experience within the printing industry is beneficial, but not required, for the fourth press operator position. It is required for the first, second and third press operator position.
Press – 12 hour shifts for both days and nights, both ends of the week.
Must be English speaking.