Leads and supervises people and assembly activities to achieve established production goals consistent with standards of quality, safety, cost and housekeeping.
· Plans operations, utilization of skills and man-hours, material and work flow to assure timely production and quality standards of assigned products.
· Organizes and assigns work and instructs cross-trains and otherwise assists employees in the performance of their work.
· Ensures the consistent use of safety devices and personal protective equipment (PPE),supervises departmental housekeeping and maintains constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices. Drives safety ideas and improvements.
· Monitors and drives quality measures and implements continuous improvement efforts.
· Provides information and collaborates with other internal groups to effect cost reduction, work simplification, production scheduling and manpower planning.
· Participates in and coordinates programs related to employee communications, placement, training and development, orientation, quality, etc.
· Promotes positive employee relations through daily, open and direct communications.
· Ensures conformance with Company policies, practices and work rules related to attendance, performance, etc.
· Experience with high tonnage hydraulic presses, CNC Punch Presses, and Press Brakes.
· Experience with welding and finishing all types of materials.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or better.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Problem solving and conflict management skills
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Strong initiative and follow through
Strong oral and written communications skills required
Familiarity with Windows-based PC software as well as AS400 ERP Systems desired
Experience in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on refrigeration and/or high end consumer products.