Punch Press Operator ajc
· Operates automatic presses and auxiliary equipment in a safe and correct manner.
· Correctly sets up die in a press making feed and machine adjustments as indicated.
· Performs and documents scheduled preventive equipment maintenance. Communicates equipment related problems correctly.
· Identifies and handles raw material.
· Reads, interprets, and complies with the Shop packet.
· Correctly handles finished product and corresponding documentation.
· Complies with all safety programs especially those related to production such as press guarding, lockout/tagout, PPE, fire and electrical safety, and hearing conservation.
· Correctly handles scrap during and after production.
· Keeps work area clean and well organized in accordance with the 5S system.
· Uses computers for data entry in a specified and appropriate manner.
· May assist in the training of other employees as indicated.
· Communicate with other shifts and departments to aid in maintaining part quality to acceptable standards
· Any tasks as determined by supervisory personnel
· Adhere to all department policies and procedures
· Perform inventory control procedures
· Conduct First and Last article inspections.
· Correctly identifies and handles non-conforming product.
· Performs and documents required visual and physical quality inspections as indicated by the control plan and the setup and run sheet.
· Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) as required
· Assisting the Quality Department with any customer concerns/problems resolution.
· Participate in communicating, developing and implementing best practices across company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High school graduate or GED equivalent
· Computer literacy required
· Knowledge of machines and tools
· Punch press experience preferred but not required