Class C Operator
• Operate manual part in part out mechanical stamping punch presses.
• Review shop orders, work instructions, blueprints, and inspection records in order to produce quality parts.
• Examine and measure product to verify conformance to specifications using measurement equipment as specified on inspection records.
• Comply with policies, processes, and systems of the ISO quality management system.
• Support the commitment to a safe work environment as stated in the safety vision and the safety manual.
Class B Operator
• Perform duties listed above under class C operator
• Set up and adjust manual part in part out dies.
• Able to run coil fed blank and progressive dies.
Class A Operator
• Perform duties listed above under class B and C operator
• Able to set up and run all die types (part in part out, progressive, blanking, and transfer line)
• Troubleshoot die/machine issues as needed.
• Assist in training new employees.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the role requires working in the shop which means:
• Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
• Forklift traffic.
• Near moving mechanical parts
• Exposure to loud noise levels
• Exposure to electromagnetic interference environment.
• Responsible and accountable for quality workmanship and accuracy.
• Effectively communicate with all other departments regarding upcoming needs or requirements.
• Support the company’s Quality and Safety policies by understanding and following policies &procedures as they apply to your job & department.
• Support company by performing other duties as assigned.
• Protective footwear must be worn. Safety shoes must have toe protection and metatarsal guards that meet the ANSI Z41 –1991 standard.
• Safety glasses must be worn at all times in all shop areas this includes employees who need corrective lenses.
• Various tasks may require an employee to wear additional personal protective equipment such as gloves, aprons, hearing protection, face shields or any other equipment required to help you safely perform your job.
• Additional information regarding employee personal protective equipment can be found in Safety Manual.
• Required to stand for extended periods of time.
• Required to perform repetitive movements with hands, wrist, arms, grasping with hands.
• Required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls.
• Required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, bend/twist.
• Reach with hands & arms above shoulders.
• Required to talk/hear.
• Occasionally lift and/or move and/or push up to 50 lbs.
• Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.