The primary purpose of the QC Utility Operator is to provide support to the Quality Control Department which includes EM Analysts, Analytical Chemists, Supervisors, Managers and the Director.
This support is provided by ensuring the essential job functions of this position are completed as part of the daily and/or weekly schedule.
Essential Job Functions
• Cleans laboratory glassware and maintains the QC dishwashers. Replenishes storage locations as needed.
• Obtains purified water for the laboratory and maintains the purified water tanks as needed.
• Properly disposes of laboratory and HPLC solvent waste, expired reagents and solutions, and other waste.
• Receives new laboratory stock, enters it into LIMS as needed and stores in proper locations as applicable.
• Ensures laboratory work areas and hoods are neat and clean.
• Assists Chemists as it pertains to cleaning glassware.
• Assists in the entry, organization, and disposal of the tote/retain sample program.
• Assists with the organization, maintenance, and replacement of reagents and solvents. A monthly check in LIMS, storage area, and equipment will be conducted at a minimum.
• Assists in maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
• Lifts/Carries/Pushes/Pulls objects weighing up to 55 lbs.
• Follows all CPI cGMP practices, policies and procedures.
• Follows all CPI safety practices, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Possesses good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-workers, and/or clients.
• Ability to lift object weighing up to 15 lbs. on a daily basis and up to 55 lbs. occasionally.