1. Perform quality checks on packaging lines and document essential information.
2. Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices with packaging personnel and outside visitors/contractors.
3. Conduct chemical analysis on raw and finished products and record results.
4. Maintain and monitor shelf life samples.
5. Maintain food safety program documentation.
6. Observe facility/equipment maintenance to ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices and take necessary action to correct issues with supervisors/managers.
7. Collect product samples from appropriate product for testing or retesting in laboratory.
8. Collect environmental and equipment swabs/samples to evaluate effective sanitation practices.
9. Communicate any food safety related issued to supervisor/manager.
10. Train new or back-up Quality Assurance Technicians as needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
-High School diploma or equivalent required
-Associates or technical degree in Food Science or food related courses is preferred
-Quality Assurance experience in a food production environment is preferred
-Specialized training in Food Technology or Laboratory Sciences preferred