· Food background is ideal, but not necessary
· Pay is negotiable, may be willing to go a little over the $30/hr.
Quality Supervisor Focus Area
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company’s policies, procedures, and activities involved in assuring the quality of manufactured products. She/he maintains close working relationships with other department managers and supervisory personnel in order to meet and maintain product quality, identify, solve and prevent problems affecting product quality, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements. He/she reports to the Quality Manager.
Description and Responsibilities
• Supervise and direct quality technicians/auditors who are responsible for enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and other quality-related policies to meet product quality standards.
• Review Production Batch Records and other manufacturing-related documents to verify compliance and record keeping for all mandated manufacturing processes, quality checks, testing, sampling, and sanitation activities.
• Audit quality control of raw materials, packaging components, labels, and finished products to ensure compliance with established specifications and regulatory standards.
• Follow up with implemented programs (GMPs, Good Hygiene Practices, HACCP, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Equipment Calibration, Organic Certification, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees and other personnel in the manufacturing facility.
• Assist in the coordination of testing results involving finished products, raw materials, and packaging components and the appropriate release and hold programs associated with these materials.
• Oversee the “On Hold” product program, including the status, release, and destruction of “Rejected” products.
• Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments.
• Make proactive recommendations and offering/presenting solutions to the Quality Systems & Regulatory Compliance Department Management to improve quality and work efficiency.
• Assist in the implementation of policies, operating procedures, quality systems and programs which ensure proper testing, evaluation, inspection, and technical support in order to meet product quality standards. Participate in all regulatory, third party and customer audits and inspections, and corrective action response.
• Ensure good performance by quality assurance technicians/auditors by mentoring, training, setting expectations, providing accountability, and performing evaluations.
• Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Quality Manager
• Minimum 4 year of manufacturing experience in a quality department
• A good knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety.
• Good understanding of quality testing within the food and beverage industry to include analytical, microbiological and sensory evaluation. Must possess a basic understanding of chemical and microbiological analysis and basic math.
• Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast paced environment), meet deadlines (overtime work required) and make effective decisions.
• Basic computer knowledge(Microsoft Office applications) and computer-based applications).
• Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to details.
• Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines. HACCP certification, Allergen Control training, Food Recall training, 21CFR Part 111 • training certification