Repairs Technician - kzz
RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS (
• Will cross-train and be required to learn areas R1 (Assembly and Disassembly) & R2 (Electrical testing/diagnostics). Will receive the process knowledge point value for each area trained in after successfully passing an audit for that area. Process Knowledge points for model knowledge (R3-R5) will be awarded for every 2 generator models the employee can disassemble/assemble. If an employee receives a process knowledge point for one of the areas, they are expected to perform work in that area within the time standards per the process standards.
• Train new employees in areas in which the employee has a process knowledge point in.
• Disassemble generators to remove parts and make repairs.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose problems. Observe and test the operation of generators and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
• Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
• Perform tests of machinery and equipment throughout the repair process to ensure that generator meets quality specifications.
• Observe and test the operation of generators and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
• Reassemble equipment after completion of repairs, inspections and testing.
• May use overhead crane and forklift. Must be willing to get certified, if needed.
• Ensure each check point and traceability of each component is collected and tracked properly in the DCS computer system, if applicable. Must fill out necessary paperwork, such as auto-controls, etc.
• Will have to track time assigned to each job for costing purposes. Must clock all time in DCS including productive, non-productive, rework, training, lunch and breaks.
• Work with Production, Quality, Engineering, and Supply Chain departments to complete tasks.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of their work area. Follow instructions to keep and follow 6S and Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Inform management of any issues throughout the repair process.
• Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
• Comply with all company policies, procedures and rules.
• Complete other duties and work in other areas as assigned by the Company, whether or not trained in the area. This includes performing housekeeping tasks.
• Be at your workstation on time at the beginning of shift, and when the shift/break bell rings at the start and end of breaks.
• Leave at end of day when approved by Lead or Supervisor.
WORK EQUIPMENT (What the employee uses, tools, measuring equipment, computing and auxiliary equipment, etc.)
• Hand and power tools
• Overhead crane
• Forklift • May occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS (Skills, competences, expertise, etc.)
• Relevant experience required, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
• Must have basic electrical and mechanical knowledge and be able to troubleshoot issues and find the root cause of the problem.
• Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret Engineering Change Orders, repair manuals, blueprints and schematics.
• Must have basic math and computer skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to changing priorities required.
• Must be reliable and have good attendance. Must adhere to company’s Time & Attendance policy.
• Ability to use various hand and power tools, measuring devices and testing devices and equipment.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish tasks.
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 6S a plus.
• Must get certified in crane and forklift operation if not already obtained
• Internal candidates must have knowledge points in one or more of the following areas: Rotor Winding, Stator Winding or Assembly to be considered as having qualifications. Must have actively worked in those areas within the last 2 years.
• Internal candidates must already be crane certified or obtain crane certification within 3 months of accepting the job.
• Must pass electrical test and basic mechanical test (Ability to read drawings, use of measurement equipment, basic math, unit of measure conversion, etc)
• Previous experience in repairs or diagnostic positions would be given priority consideration as qualifications.