Screw Machine Operator - 3rd Shift Direct Hire
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform standard screw machine operations including:
o Set up, operate, adjust, and troubleshoot all automatic screw machines and bar feeders.
o Tool sharpening, cam setup and stock stops.
• Monitor the screw machine, including making changes to speed and feed rates or tool position to ensure the product manufactured meets all applicable requirements.
• Perform in-process quality checks by using a variety of measuring tools, such as calipers, micrometers, and comparators.
• Successfully complete and adhere to all required Safety policies and procedures.
• Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Decision quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred but not required
• Two years minimum experience in the set-up and operation of Browne and Sharpe (or Davenport) cam-driven screw machines. Swiss (CNC) screw machine experience is helpful, however it will not be considered a substitute for the required cam driven experience.
• Ability to use required precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
• Ability to maintain tolerances of +/- .002”
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings.
• Ability to work independently per defined schedules and tasks.
• Must obtain a fork truck license within 30 days of employment.