Shipping and Receiving snn
Essential Duties and Principal Responsibilities
• Utilize forklift and other equipment to load and unload shipments in the fabrication shop; perform similar duties at the warehouse when needed.
• Process inventory pick lists and designate material to proper area for further processing.
• Create thorough and accurate shipping documents, such as Bills of Lading and shipment lists.
• Follow Novum receiving procedure for all incoming materials (hardware, raw, sub-out, etc.).
• Packages and identifies material using methods and containers that prevent loss, damage or deterioration to the extent necessary to ensure conformance to specified requirements.
• Inspect outgoing shipments to ensure specified requirements.
• Schedule trucks to transport Novum product as requested.
• Gather and maintain raw material for specific projects and stock.
• Oversee drops, drop lists, labeling, and storage.
• Organize and pallet detail material verifying it is job and fabrication specific.
• Fills in and assists with whatever other duties, as called upon and/or as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
• 3+ years of shipping & receiving experience
• Ability to make decisions quickly and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Organized and highly detailed
• Must be able to work within a team setting and effectively communicate with multiple departments
• Use of computer tools and software (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, blueprints, schematics, work orders, and quality documents.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.