Shipping Specialist gea
• Assemble and check orders, do packing and rating, attach or write shipping instructions.
• Receive all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and return goods.
• Check received goods against purchase orders or receiving papers.
• Check quantity, type, size, part numbers, dimensions, etc. to properly identify materials.
• Route or deliver materials to storage or manufacturing locations.
• Maintain records and prepare receiving and shipping reports.
• Help load and unload trucks.
• Other duties as instructed or directed by direct supervisor.
• Work is subject to procedures relating to your department.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, QUALIFICATIONS, AND BASIC SKILL LEVELS:
• High School education.
• Basic knowledge of shipping practices and materials.
• Ability to use instruments for exacting measurements and weights.
• Knowledge of computers, Windows environment including basic Microsoft application software, i.e. Excel and Word and Macola Software.