BROADDESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Assist in the activities involved in shipping, material handling, quality inspections of incoming materials, inventory control and other related activities. Additionally, responsible for input of computer data regarding shipping and receiving records, total inventory control and all quality records involving incoming materials and suspect shipments.
1. Prepares orders and performs tasks necessary to meet shipping deadlines ensuring accuracy and compliance with customer specifications
2. Responsible for loading and unloading trucks and trailers, must count parts handled
4. Check to ensure that all equipment is operating properly; notifies maintenance when major repairs are required
5. Notifies all departments in a timely manner, when as matter of procedure or per their request, product ships or incoming materials are received
6. Responsible for most inventory storage of materials and finished goods at the Elkhorn Plant and daily computer input of inventory movement.
7. Keep a clean department work area.
8. To strictly follow and maintain quality procedures as set forth in the Quality Manual
9. Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION - High School Graduate or equivalent
EXPERIENCE - 1-3 years’ experience in a shipping or warehouse atmosphere; forklift experience preferred.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS - Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; must be willing to assume responsibility to do whatever it takes to get the job done; must be a problem solver