Tool & Die Maker - Direct Hire
Fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs and related items. Modifies dies to conform to engineering changes. Works closely with machinists, production and other departments as appropriate. Maintains a safe work area and may train apprentices in the trade.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform bench and precision machining operations required to develop, construct, alter and repair a wide variety of complicated tools, dies, fixtures and gages.
• Use sketches, blueprints, specifications and models to plan for fabrication of dies, tools and assemblies, ensuring safety and maximum efficiency.
• Verify dimensions of finished parts to ensure they conform to specifications using dial indicators, gauge blocks, calipers and micrometers.
• File and finish workpieces using the appropriate hand tools to ensure products are smooth and that they fit together properly.
• Select the appropriate metals and materials to be used based on properties, ensuring they meet project specifications.
• Adhere stringently to all safety guidelines by keeping work area clean and wearing protective clothing.
• Demonstrates INTEGRITY
• WORKS AS A TEAM
• Takes OWNERSHIP
• ACTION - biased
• Fosters a WINNING spirit
• Action oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Decision quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Being resilient: Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Completion of Tool & Die apprenticeship program or related experience as normally acquired in 5 or more years of trades training.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, not required.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to use required precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
• Excellent visual accuracy
• Ability to work independently per defined schedules and tasks.