1st Shift 6am-2pm
2nd Shift 2pm-10pm – Needs 1
3rd Shift 10pm-6am – Needs 1
2nd and 3rd shift offer a 10% shift premium.
The purpose of this non-supervisory position, located in Ixonia, Wisconsin, is to order, secure, and maintain all instruments and special equipment inventories; to check out all tools as requested and ensure they are returned and stored properly. Inspect tools regularly and repair as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES (non-inclusive):
1. Issue tools and equipment to the requesting persons/work areas. Create and stock set-up bins for newly pulled jobs. Assemble and stage tooling for upcoming jobs.
2. Ensure the return of issued tools and equipment back to the toolroom after use.
3. Inspect for damages, wear, or the unusable condition of tools and equipment. Calibrate tools as scheduled and maintain/repair as needed. Organize and prepare tooling to be sent out for re-sharpening.
4. Prepare periodic inventory of tools and equipment. Pull Kanban cards or fill out stock requisitions for needed tooling. Ensure that adequate inventory of supplies is maintained. Receive, unpack, and store incoming tools and equipment on shelves and racks for easy access per G & V guidelines.
5. Maintain toolroom equipment manuals, processes, and operational guidelines.
6. Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to production staff.
7. Document processes and tasks for QA requirements and ISO certification.
8. Establish and maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment utilizing the concepts of 6S.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical office or manufacturing working conditions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to office or manufacturing equipment typically found in a machining environment. Safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection are required in the shop.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability (including physical) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. High School diploma or GED equivalency with at least two years of machining or dealing with tools experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment). A working knowledge of safety protocols. Must possess the ability to build positive team relationships and achieve outcome-oriented objectives; working knowledge of ISO and continuous improvement methodologies with a holistic viewpoint; ability to work in a fast-paced environment, setting priorities and managing time effectively.
3. Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret business and technical documents, flow charts, budget information, procedure manuals and so on; the ability to prepare required routine reports and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively with others (verbally and in writing), using skill and diplomacy and can work with all levels of the organization and external clients, with professionalism and tact.
4. Requires the ability to work within established health, safety and quality guidelines and the ability to organize workspaces, the workload and meet deadlines.
5. Must possess working knowledge in automated systems and terminology and the ability to develop and interpret related reports using spreadsheet, word processing and related software. Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier and so on.
6. Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, using whole numbers/decimals and the ability to apply concepts of basic math.
7. Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram format. Must possess strong knowledge, understanding and experience in various problem-solving and participatory management techniques.